Story by Hannah Baker
Sara Wilson, a recent Chattanooga State Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) graduate was named the American Technical Education Association (ATEA) National Outstanding Technical Student Award winner of 2017. ATEA is a premier association for the post-secondary technical educator with an emphasis on professional development. The recipient of this prestigious award must be a full-time student in a post-secondary technical education program of study. The student must be strong academically and show potential in his/her chosen technical field. A nominee must be a student at a school with active institutional membership in ATEA.
Continue reading TCAT Graduate Wins National Award
- Tennessee residents can attend TCAT Chattanooga tuition free by accessing the TN Reconnect site!
- 1,788 headcount and 1050 full-time equivalent (FTE) students: the largest TCAT — 19% greater enrollment (based on FTE) than the next largest TCAT in the state.
- 645 program graduates in 2015: 100 Practical Nurses, 44 Welders, 42 HVAC/R Techs, 37 Electricians, and 32 Industrial Maintenance Technicians.
- Graduate job placement in field of study is 91%.
- Student completion rate is 74% (students complete the full program to be counted as a completer in Chattanooga).
- Professional licensure rate is 99% (Programs: Truck Driving, Practical Nursing, Cosmetology, Aesthetics, Nail Technician, Massage Therapy).
- National SkillsUSA Competition student medalists in the past seven years: 10 Gold, 18 Silver, and 12 Bronze.
- Two TCAT alumni competed in the World Skills Competition in Brazil in the Mechatronics event this month.
- The 2013 and 2014 TCAT Outstanding Student of the Year winners were from Chattanooga.
- American Technical Education Association (ATEA) National Teacher of the Year finalists in 2012, 2013 and 2015: Richard Claburn, Jimmy Jones and David Burgess.
- We have six hybrid program offerings with 20% of the curriculum online (Programs: Landscape/Turf Management, Computer Support Technician, Motorcycle/Marine, Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Electricity, Industrial Electronics).
- The Automotive program has produced 8 ASE Master Technicians in the past five years.
- The Industrial Maintenance program has a FANUC Robot Certified Instructor.
- The Automotive, Diesel, Collision and Motorcycle/Marine programs have Snap-On/NC3 certified instructors in Torque, Meters, Undercar, Diesel ProLink and VerusPro Diagnostics.
- Scholarships are available for TCAT students.
- Four welding class offerings: day/night main campus, Kimball and Dayton.
- We’ve had 690 National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) inductees since 2008.
- Only TCAT with these programs: Landscape/Turf Management, Motorcycle/Marine Service Technology and Massage Therapy
- Many of our TCAT programs articulate with Chattanooga State associate’s degree programs.
- We have 27 programs including 21 diploma programs (one year or more) and 6 certificate programs (less than one year). Visit chattanoogastate.edu/tcat for a complete list of programs and information.
Continue reading 20 Great Things To Know About TCAT Chattanooga
Tennessee’s future workforce will be showcased this week during the 50th Annual SkillsUSA Tennessee State Conference held at the Chattanooga Convention Center April 20-22. The SkillsUSA competition theme for this year is SkillsUSA: 50 Years of Champions at Work. The topic to be addressed by contestants in the Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board contests. Continue reading 50th Annual SkillsUSA Tennessee State Conference in Chattanooga
Tennessee Reconnect provides free tuition for Chattanooga State’s TCAT – Tennessee College of Applied Technology. As part of Governor Haslam’s Drive to 55 initiative:
“Tennessee Reconnect is designed to help more adults complete a postsecondary degree or credential.”
Continue reading Tennessee Reconnect provides free tuition for ChattState’s TCAT
Below are 11 things you may not know about TCAT Chattanooga:
- The Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) is a division of Chattanooga State Community College, the only TCAT that is part of a community college.
- It has the largest full-time equivalent (FTE) enrollment of the 27 TCAT’s in the Tennessee Board of Regents system (TBR) by more than Continue reading 11 Things you may not know about TCAT Chattanooga