Make plans to join us for our first-ever Reunion Days at Chattanooga State to reconnect with old friends, meet new ones, and help us mark fifty years serving Chattanooga. The goal of Reunion Days is to celebrate our proud past, reconnect with one another and showcase our campus community during featured events throughout this academic year.
Be sure to visit chattanoogastate.edu/50th for the latest on our growing schedule of events. Our preliminary schedule of events is below:
Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015:
- Holiday Concert 7:30 p.m. Humanities Theatre. The Chattanooga State Music Department presents an evening of holiday carols and popular holiday favorites. The concert features performances by the Chattanooga State Concert Choir, Symphonic Band, members of the music faculty, and music students. Donations accepted at the door benefit scholarships for music students.
Thursday, Dec. 3, 2015:
- Dinner of Firsts – A Golden Celebration: 6:00-9:00 p.m. Chattanooga Convention Center. A combined event celebrating ChattState’s 50 years of service to our community and honoring our friend, John Germ. John is a first generation college graduate and a charter member of the Chattanooga State Foundation Board. Individual tickets & tables of eight are available with event proceeds benefiting the Chattanooga State Foundation’s First in the Family Scholarship for first generation college students. Learn more: chattanoogastate.edu/DOF.
Friday, Dec. 4, 2015:
- Retired Faculty & Staff Luncheon with the President 11:00-12:45 p.m. We invite retired faculty and staff to join us for lunch, meet our new President and enjoy a guided campus tour. Then, make plans to spend the afternoon on campus visiting the various Division and Department Reunions.
- Reunion Program open to all alumni, current & former faculty & staff: 1:00 -1:45 p.m. Humanities Theatre. See our 50th anniversary film and walk down memory lane with a special presentation on the history of the College by Debbie Adams, Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Class, Division & Department Reunion Receptions
- Several class years, divisions and departments are hosting reunions. Stop by for birthday cake, meet current faculty and students, and see our current programs up close. Here are some of the reunions being planned across campus:
- Alumni & Founding Faculty 1965-1969, Kolwyck Library, 2:00 -3:30 p.m.
- Business & Information Technology Division, OMNB Wing, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Engineering Technology Division, Wacker Institute, 2:00 3:30 p.m.
- Nursing & Allied Health Division, Health Science Center, 2:00 -3:00 p.m.
- Student Life & Leadership, location TBD, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Guided Campus tours: 2:00-3:00 p.m. or 4:00-5:00 p.m. Meet at the Amphitheater. When was the last time you were on campus? Over the years, our campus has grown with new buildings and renovations, and we invite you to come see how we’ve grown.
- Alumni Art Exhibit: 5:30-7:00 p.m. Humanities Lobby. The Chattanooga State Art Department presents an Alumni Art Exhibit proudly featuring works from our former students and featuring live music from the Chattanooga State Music Department.
- Theatrical Performance of Scenes from the Plays of Anton Chekhov: 7:30 p.m. Humanities Theatre.
December 11, 12, 13, 18, 19 & 20, 2015:
- The Nutcracker Christmas Carol: A Holiday Musical Golden Edition; Fri. & Sat. at 7:30 p.m.; Sun. at 2:30 p.m.; Humanities Theatre; Relive the adventures of Ebeneezer Scrooge, the Cratchits, Charles Dickens, Little Cindy Lou Who, the Grinch, Frosty the Snowman, and the Stahlbaums in this musical mash-up of all the great holiday stories rolled into one joyful hour. Suggested donation of $15 for adults and $5 for children accepted at the door will benefit scholarships for theater & music students.
Wed., April 20, 2016:
- Athletic Hall of Fame & Reunion Reception; 5:00-6:30 p.m. This event celebrates the induction of distinguished alumni, coaches, staff and volunteers into the Chattanooga State Athletic Hall of Fame honoring their achievements and contributions. Come meet the coaches, players and reconnect with your former teammates.
Fri., April 22, 2016:
- Fun in the Sun & Time Capsule Dedication 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. More details closer to the event.
Alumni and community members are invited back to campus to help us celebrate Reunion Days! Be sure to visit chattanoogastate.edu/50th as the schedule is still growing and being updated. We also welcome your ideas for adding to our Reunion festivities during this milestone year!
- The Chattanooga (State) Way
- Chattanooga State celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Chattanooga State holds first 50th anniversary event
- Phillip D. Glass Helps ChattState Celebrate 50 Years of Service