Will you help us spread the word? It is time for students to apply for scholarships at Chattanooga State for fall 2015. Our priority deadline is March 1 for the upcoming academic year. Students who complete the application by the priority date will receive preference with regard to scholarship awards. Both Tennessee Promise eligible and adult students are encouraged to apply.
In partnership with Chattanooga State Community College and the Chattanooga State Foundation, more than $800,000 in combined scholarship funding is provided annually for qualified Chattanooga State students, helping them prepare for careers or transfer to four-year universities.
Whether you know a student eligible for Tennessee Promise or an adult student looking for financial resources for college, many of Chattanooga State’s scholarships are designed to help with other costs beyond tuition, such as textbooks and technology, that are not covered by Tennessee Promise and other forms of financial aid. In addition, we have scholarship opportunities designed to meet the unique needs of adult students who are not eligible for Tennessee Promise.
Here’s how to apply for Chattanooga State Scholarships:
- New students – complete your admissions application
- Returning students and new ‘students admitted’ – complete the scholarship application located on the homepage of TigerWeb in the Financial Aid section click: Apply Now – ChSCC Scholarships
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming academic year (www.fafsa.gov). ChSCC’s school code: 003998
- Recipients will receive an email notification via their Chattanooga State TigerMail when awarded. Students must accept awards within 30 days or the award will be cancelled and re-allocated.
- The first selection of recipients occurs between March and May.
- Students must re-apply each academic year. Students meeting the eligibility to retain a scholarship may receive it up to a maximum of four (full-time) semesters.
- Please note: Foundation scholarship applicants are required to submit two references as part of the application. We are grateful to the many faculty, staff and community members who, through a simple electronic portal, serve as references for deserving students.
Chattanooga State Scholarship Applications remain on file throughout an academic year for further consideration should additional funds become available. Eligibility requirements and award amounts vary, and meeting scholarship criteria does not guarantee scholarship awards.